Do Not Stand At My Grave And Weep

This may be an urban legend, but apparently this poem was first found among the belongings of a soldier who died in action in Northern Ireland. Nobody knows who wrote it.

Subsequently, claims of authorship of this poem were made, notably by Mary Frye.

Do not stand at my grave and weep;
I am not there, I do not sleep.
I am a thousand winds that blow.
I am the diamond glints on snow.
I am the sunlight on ripened grain.
I am the gentle autumn rain.
When you awaken in the morning's hush
I am the swift uplifting rush
Of quiet birds in circled flight.
I am the soft stars that shine at night.
Do not stand at my grave and cry;
I am not there. I did not die.


 

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

nice pictures. obviously you are eating all the food at home. post some of yours

Anonymous said...

"I just came across your blog about income income observetodo.myeweb.net opportunity passive and wanted to drop you a note telling you that I was impressed with the information you have posted here. I also have a website pertaining to this topic about income income observetodo.myeweb.net opportunity passive so I know what I'm talking about when I say your site is top-notch! Keep up the great work, you are prooviding a great resource on the Internet here!"

Anonymous said...

Online adult sex shop. Come and browse over 900 quality items. We have a great selection of Suspender Tights, *KEYWORD** including Suspender Tights Suspender Tights Suspender Tights Suspender Tights and Suspender Tights all ready for immediate dispatch today.Suspender Tights

The Cutest Human

Yeah, I am biased, but this is my daughter when she was seven or eight. Cute as a bug. This came up in a memories spotlight in Google Photos...